Information related to floor plan and cleaning maps is collected and processed differently for VR200 and VR300. However, in both cases, Vorwerk does not have access to this information and we do not process it for our own purposes. Floor plans and cleaning maps are just being processed by the device in order to support the cleaning process of the robot.
- The robot’s map is kept on the robot while cleaning. It’s not permanent, i.e. reused in a subsequent cleaning cycle.
- In every cleaning cycle, a map is created from scratch.
- The VR200 does not have a floor plan
- The map is only kept on the device, there is no data transfer.
- The robot creates a map of its environment based on sensor data. Approx 20 of these maps are kept on the robot.
- One of these maps is promoted to the floor plan and reused in subsequent cleaning cycles and to anchor no-go lines
- From these maps “presentation maps” are rendered (lower resolution, customer friendly visualization, less information) which are stored on the cloud and are the basis for the cleaning history displayed in the app.