The main purpose of the Thermomix Friend® app is to update the device using the internet and Bluetooth® connection on your smartphone or tablet. The app is developed specifically for the Thermomix TM5 owners, as the device does not have Bluetooth® to update the Thermomix friend. If you have the Thermomix TM6, you don't need to download the app as you may update the companion device over the TM6.
You may download the app from here
The app is supported under Android 6.0 or higher and iOS – 11.4 or higher.
After installing the app, connect your Thermomix Friend® with the smart device. The app is not running in the background on your smart device, so you are not going to receive notification that a new Firmware version is available. So be sure to check the app from time to time.
Once an update is available
- make sure that the smart device is connected to the Thermomix Friend.
- A good practice is to have your smartphone connected to the home WiFi as the update file may be significant in size.
- Click on the install update button on the screen.
- The Update-file will download on your smartphone. (If the download fails, consider checking the internet connection and the free memory on your device).
- Once the Update downloads, the Thermomix Friend® will automatically start the installation and show the progress as a percent on the screen.
- The Thermomix Friend® will restart after the update, and it is ready for use.
Do not disconnect the Thermomix Friend® from the power grid as it is updating.
Do not turn off the Thermomix friend® during the installation.
Consider that you have charged your Smartphone ugliest up to 50 percent.
Keep the phone close to the device as it is updating.